Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer is here!!

Well, we officially closed the school year with our 4th grade graduation and, of course, our class party! The kids were very excited to finish the year off. We had a lot of fun and made some great memories over the course of the year. I had an interesting last few days. I am so excited to be able to stay home with Claire, but teaching is such a big part of me that it was a strange feeling to pack up the Jeep and drive away. I know there were a lot of rough days and times when I thought I would rather do anything else, but there is something special about seeing the same group of kids every day and knowing I can have an impact on their lives. Some of the kids tested me more than others, but I have always believed the kids I get each year are in my room for a reason. Hopefully I made some kind of impression on them to go on and do great things with their lives. I know right now the most important thing is to be a good mommy and wife. I can teach again in the future and plan to do so. It is just a mixed feeing because I love Claire so much and a different part of me loves teaching and my 20 "kids" at school. Anyway, summer has begun and we're off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment