I love home. I consider "home" where I live, but there is just something about going back home where I grew up. It happens every year around the same time. Temperatures are hovering at the 100 degree mark, the swings and slides are too hot to even enjoy and my "home" bug starts itching. This year when we went, the highs the majority of the week were 60s and 70s. YES, you read that correctly! It was perfection. The swimming suits stayed packed until that last day, but we made it nonetheless, into the frigid water! Well, the kids swam, I only stepped in! The lows some nights dipped into the upper 40s and 50s. I was in my happy, dream land! It felt like fall and that's my favorite...cool, crisp, but not cold, nor hot.
We spent time with family, friends, lots of walks and parks, picnics, music at the park, a carnival and a visit to the farm. We had a great time! The kids loved it all. The only down-side was the morning we had to leave.
Home, SWEET, home. Here and there. Both are home, both are sweet!
Baby’s Strawberry, Banana, and Beet Mash
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment