Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Micah Cole

Well, our Micah Cole finally arrived! I have to write a few things about his birth story, then pictures will follow. I was actually due May 19th. Mom had been here all weekend and left May 16th in the evening. Chad's brother was home on leave and would be flying out the 19th. No pressure to have the baby while they were here, right? I tried the tricks, walking a bunch, bouncing on the exercise ball, Mexican food...nothing! My appointment at 39 weeks left me at a 1-2 and 50% effaced. Good news! Well, I was that way with Claire for 2 weeks! So, we just kept waiting. My mom was flying out Monday evening, so I kept hoping for his arrival. Monday around lunch time, I began having some contractions. They weren't close together, so I didn't make too big of a deal. Chad had to work so he took a nap. I needed a tire repaired, so I took the car in to get fixed. (All the while, contractions continue) I got home and continued our normal routine. Snack, play, dinner, Chad goes to work (All the while, contractions are getting stronger). Our neighbor was on call in case we needed to bring Claire over. I went ahead and got Claire all set to go and she headed to the neighbor's house. I called Chad because my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. He came home (after being at work for an hour) and we headed to the hospital around 8:30pm. I had labored at home for about 8 hours and was ready for the epidural! This whole process was much shorter than when Claire was born. (20 hours of labor for her, while this was only about 13) My water broke at the hospital, I pushed and he came! (Unfortunately, Mom was already safely back at home, so she didn't get to see him, but she will! Uncle Chip was still here and got to spend some time with us) Cool thing is, Micah shares a birthday (May 17) with my brother, Uncle Travis!

No comments:

Post a Comment