Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Escape

Well, in an effort to abide by my devotional today to be grateful and put grumbling to the wayside, I will not complain about this heat. I will say, however, that I was able to spend an amazing week and a half in South Dakota, basking in the outdoor beauty of blissful 80ish degree highs and lows in the 60s. I spent many mornings drinking coffee outside and wasn't sweating! We went to lots of parks, picnics, more parks and more picnics. We also visited my grandparents and my aunt and uncle's farm. Claire LOVED being able to be outside so much and had a blast on the farm. She got to see the sheep, sit on a couple tractors and a motorcycle, and even "help" feed the sheep. I enjoyed seeing her have so much fun! I also got to see a few of my long time best friends and cherished it! My favorite thing was being home with Mom and my sister, who Claire lovingly called "Uncle Lishy" instead of Aunt. Oh well..she got the name right anyway! I honestly cannot say how much I loved being home and the weather was just amazing! I am also glad to say these two kiddos did a great job in the car. It is a long journey and they were incredible. Here are a few snapshots of the fun we had!



No comments:

Post a Comment