Last weekend, we drove up to Missouri to a camp called Fun in the Son. It is actually a church camp that is used for lots of youth groups. We were meeting there with my mom, her siblings and my cousins. We lost both my grandpa and grandma last year, so this was a really great way to get together and keep the family close. I wish I would have appreciated getting together with family when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I always loved them, but I took it for granted that we only lived an hour away from most of them.
Anyway, we had a blast! My aunt organized a lot of really cool things. We ran a 5K (Claire won for youngest finisher!! Chad pushed her in the jogger, and I am glad he did, because it was a hilly run!) We swam in the lake, which was so clean and beautiful. We had our DeZeew-A-Thon, which was a bunch of games we played in teams. My proud moment was when I got a ringer playing horse shoe. I guess that was for Grandpa! Chad got to play in a golf tournament. We rode a boat out and jumped off a couple cliffs. Don't worry....Claire stayed back with my aunts! We also played a bean bag game that became a tournament. I wasn't even close to winning, but I had a great time trying!
I know my mom, cousins, and aunts have tons of pictures, so I will have to add them as soon as I get them. We had a great time and were already talking about planning the next one!
Baby’s Strawberry, Banana, and Beet Mash
3 years ago


So glad you guys had a great time. We are thinking about doing something like this next summer in Colorado. You'll have to help me think of fun things to do that you guys did! I can't wait to hear more about it Wednesday night!
ReplyDelete